Simple Pesto Pasta
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 tsp Pikt & Chopt Basil Paste
- 1tsp Pikt&Chopt Garlic Paste
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pasta of choice, to serve
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. following packet instructions put you pasta on to cook.
2. Place you basil pesto, pine nuts, and garlic paste into a heavy pestle and mortar and lightly crush the mixture.
3. Add a splash of olive oil to loosen the mix. Add the freshly grated parmesan with a drizzle of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Drain your pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Put your pasta back into the warm pot, stir the basil mixture through and loosen it with a splash of pasta cooking water if required. Plate it up and top with an extra drizzle of olive oil